Tilton 7.25" Dual Disc Clutch Assembly for the Mustang Boss 302R (M-7003-BOSSR1 6-Speed)
Tilton’s 7.25″ OT-II cerametallic racing clutches are primarily designed for racing applications where some clutch modulation is desired. They feature 4-paddle discs that incorporate a unique blend of ceramic and metallic materials. Cerametallic discs are thicker than sintered metallic discs, and they provide higher heat capacity through their increased mass. In addition, the engagement characteristics of cerametallic clutches are smoother than sintered metallic clutches. These features make Tilton’s 7.25″ OT-II cerametallic racing clutches popular in the following applications:
- Hill climb
- Road racing
- Club racing
- Extreme street/strip
- Open, one-piece clutch cover design. Provides lower operating temperature, higher strength and minimized deflection for quick shifting.
- Five diaphragm spring rate options. Provides a wide range of torque capacities and release loads to tune the clutch for the application.
- Chrome vanadium diaphragm springs and an engineered pressure plate geometry. Provides a high clamp load-to-wear ratio, low release load and quick shifting.
- High-strength steel pressure and floater plates.
- .283″ thick friction disc. Provides excellent wear resistance and withstands elevated temperatures.
- Hardened steel thrust buttons provide a smooth and durable surface for pressure and floater plates.
- Dynamic spin balanced.
- Individually inspected for proper assembly and balance.
- Pressure Plate / Intermediate Plate
- Clutch Discs
- Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing
- Tilton Adapter Plate for M-7003-BOSSR1 to accept Hydraulic Bearing
Note: Images are a representation of this item. Actual item may vary.